How to apply gel nail polish?
Gel nail polishes are strong nail polishes that cure under a UV lamp or LED lamp according to the brand and the composition of the gel nail polish. This gel polishes apply as regular nail polish but they need a special base coat and top coat, and all the coat need to be cured.
Prepare your nail before apply a gel nail polish
- Brush your nails with soap and water
- Push the cuticules with a cuticle pusher
- File your nails
- Apply Scrub Fresh or another deshydrator on your nail to balance the pH of the nail.
How to apply Shellac gel nail polish
- Apply a thin coat of Shellac base coat and cure 10 secondes under a 36 Watt UV lamp
- Apply two thin coats of color gel nail polish and cure 2 minutes each coats
- Apply a generous coat of Shellac top coat and cure 2 minutes
- Wipe off sticky residues on the nails using a pad with 99% alcohol
How to apply Gelish gel nail polish
- Apply the Gelish Foundation base and then cure under the LED lamp for 10 seconds or 1 minute under a UV lamp.
- Apply two coats of your favorite gel nail color, curing each coat for 30 seconds under an LED lamp or 2 minutes under a UV lamp.
- Apply the Gelish Top It Off finish and cure under the LED lamp for 30 seconds or 2 minutes under a UV lamp.
- Remove the sticky effect using a pad and the Nail Cleaner.
How to apply Creative Play gel polish
- Apply a coat of Base Coat Creative Play UV Polish and cure under a lamp (UV - LED or universal) for 20 seconds.
- Apply 2 coats of your favorite Creative Play UV Polish color. Cure under a lamp (UV - LED or universal) for 1 minute at each coats.
- Apply a coat of Top Coat Creative Play UV Polish and cure under a lamp (UV - LED or universal) for 1 minute.
- Remove the sticky effect using a pad with 99% alcohol.
How to apply Plexigel gel polish
- Prepare natural nail;
- Apply a tip or form;
- Apply a layer of CND Plexigel Bonder to the natural nail and cure for 10 seconds in the CND LED lamp using preset button 1 (curing time may vary depending on the lamp model);
- Apply layers of CND Plexigel Builder to scupt nails to the preferred length and shape, curing each layer for 1 minute in CND LED lamp using preset button 2B (curing time may vary depending on the lamp model);
- File and refine nail, then remove dust;
- Apply a layer of CND Plexigel Protector Top Coat and cure in CND LED lamp using preset button 3 (curing time may vary depending on the lamp model).
Add a little color:
If you want, you can add a little color to your nails by using CND Shellac gel polishes! Simply apply the desired Shellac color after filing and refining the nail (2 layers, curing between each layer) and finish with the CND Top Coat of your choice (Original, Duraforce ou Xpress5)!
How to remove gel nail polish
Gel nail polishes can't be remove like a regular nail polish, they melt by soak off them in acetone. There is two way to remove soak off gel polish :
Soaking in acetone
- Pour acetone into an acetone-resistant Nail Brush Jar with plastic brushes for fasten melting or a sponge jar
- Dip your fingers in the jar for about 10 minutes
- Rubbing them often against the plastic brushes of the brush jar
- Moisture your nails after soaking
Soaking with foil
- Take 10 cotton ball and cut 10 pieces of foil
- Completely dose a cotton ball in acetone
- Wrap it around the nail with the piece of foil
- Moisture your nails
What is the best UV or LED lamp for gel nail polish
The choice of the lamp depends on your frequency of use and the choice of gel polish.
If you are a nail technician, you will use different types of gel nail polishes and your lamp will be used a lot. We therefore recommend a hybric lamp that cure both UV gel and led gel polish.
If you use gel polishes for your personal use, a 36W UV lamp is perfect.
See all your lamps for gel polish
Gel Nail Polish application
Application step by step of gel nail polish according to the brands Shellac, Gelish, Creative Play. Read more…
Gel Polish by color
Who we are?
We are a Canadian Nail Store specialized in nail products and gel nail polishes
We sell all over the North America and Europe.